Development Team Lead
We are looking for a fulltime Application Delivery / Development Manager to work with our development and support team on a long-term ongoing project based out of our offices in Gdansk. The position will work closely with the Client Management team and lead the development team.
Key Technical Skills:
- High energy and dynamic team leadership experience who has implemented and managed full development life cycle projects using Waterfall and Agile methodology. Strong technical knowledge in Mainframe, Client Server, Web, and Cloud Technologies will be an added advantage
- Experience with any modern web framework (Spring, Play, Struts)
- Experience in Databases like Oracle or DB2 will be an additional skill
- Experience in managing testing projects which includes unit tests (JUnit, mockito, etc), system integration tests, user acceptance tests
- Global delivery experience of managing client remotely and coordinating delivery with global stakeholders. Experience in implementing checks and balances to organize global team delivery
- Experience in designing and implementing development, support and testing related measurements / SLAs along with governance model to manage client and other stakeholders' expectations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English a must-have for this position.
- Minimum of 8+ years of managing Projects Programs within IT service delivery organization and relevant experience required
- Demonstrates proven extensive and success managing IT service delivery teams to understand business strategies, envision and prioritize IT delivery capabilities;
- Understanding of Service Management Standards, e.g. ITIL.
- Understanding of the technology, trends, and techniques in the IT industry.
- Working knowledge of project management process, the budgetary process, resource management.
- Engagement with business and IT executives to define, understand and document IT strategy and desired IT capabilities, iterating new IT capabilities into future-state technology platforms that support business strategies;
- Alignment with internal teams to verify budget and resource commitment to support roadmaps
- Identifying and addressing business and technical needs: build relationships with teams; communicate with the teams in an organized and knowledgeable manner; deliver clear requests for information; demonstrate flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks, and communicate and manage potential conflicts
- Developing strategy; as well as write, communicate, facilitate, and present cogently; to and/or for all levels of project audiences, clients and internal staff and management - documenting effectively, using non-technical business terms and vocabulary that are understood clearly by all users and co-workers; and, coordinating, facilitating and making presentations
- Solid understanding of Service Management Standards, e.g. ITIL. Solid understanding of the technology, trends, and techniques in the IT industry.
- Sound knowledge of project management process, the budgetary process, resource management.
- Demonstrated ability to work with a range of technically and culturally diverse people, influencing them to get things done, and delivering value-added business results that meet high-quality requirements within tight deadlines
- Proactively assist in the management of a portfolio of projects/programs, while reporting to Head, Global Sales / Account Manager
- Lead the End to End Project Management (Scope, Design, Test, Deploy, Go-Live and Support); develop and review project estimation in terms of efforts, timeline, and cost
- Interpret client requests and take appropriate action to produce high levels of client satisfaction
- Work effectively on a global team leading a team of developers.
- • Define release standards, strategy, processes, and metrics in alignment with client standards; implement client standards
- • Define and automate testing strategy, processes and ensure production readiness
- Develop functional requirements document based on client requirements using Visio, PowerPoint, Word, Excel or any industry-standard tools
- Planning and working flexibly to a deadline, ensuring quality delivery on time
- Participate in full lifecycle software development
- Work with Business Analysts in translating business requirements into a high-level functional design specification
- Develop applications and features at the direction of the client and/or architects
- Be able to triage issues in both production and pre-production environments by reviewing code and logs as necessary.
- Help foster "end to end" solution definitions within the development team through code walkthroughs of existing functionality and when necessary documenting the functional end to end solutions. Conduct project design reviews and code reviews
Employee or individual B2B
- work in a friendly multicultural environment; all tools needed for work,
- work in SRI Office located in Gdansk (very good location of the office - Garnizon,
- fully equipped kitchen with wide range of coffee and tea, snacks and fruits every Monday