Procurement Specialist (Project)
Procurement Specialist serves for Black Veatch (www.bv.com) in line with Cooperative Biological Engagement Program (CBEP), Biological Threat Reduction Program (BTRP). This position is a long-term exciting opportunity for the right professional to join a dynamic team developing unique solutions for governments, ministries and services in multiple countries (FSU, Asia, Africa, Middle East, Iraq). It will provide an excellent experience for a motivated person with high potential for the career development.
JOB OVERVIEW: Provide support to the project team with procurement, bid process, award, and post-award activities and develop an understanding of other operations within Procurement. May be required to support other procurement duties.
- Responsible for requisition process for IT equipment, software and IT related services, commodities, supplies, as well as other project needs in various countries (FSU, Asia, Africa, Middle East, Iraq).
- Coordinates requisition process with project stakeholders.
- Develops procurement strategy and participates in location of potential suppliers.
- Prepares, issues bids and supports bidding process.
- Manages the evaluation process through distribution of quotations/proposals, preparation of quotation/proposal review reports and collaboration with project stakeholders in the winner selection process. Makes recommendations for selected bidder(s) and who to award.
- Schedules, coordinates and manages negotiation process. Resolves simple and moderately complex commercial terms and conditions exceptions, coordinates changes with Legal Department.
- Prepares Purchase Orders and Subcontracts, Service Agreements for execution in compliance with all relevant Corporate Procurement policies and procedures.
- Tracks performance, acceptance, invoice approvals and payments in accordance with the contract; resolves invoice discrepancies with vendor and/or project team; collaboratesion and reportsing to project management and cost controls as needed.
- Ensures all required vendor documentation is requested as part of the contract and received in a timely manner.
- Manages contract and project closeout which may include final payments, resolution of claims, and insurance coverage as required.
- Maintains a variety of tracking logs related to contracts, contract revisions, invoices, closeout.
- Files appropriate forms/documents as per corporate procurement policies and procedures.
- Prepares various procurement related reports as required by the Project.
- Master's/Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Business, Technical / Engineering, Management or related field (preferred). Relevant experience may be substituted for a degree.
- Familiarity with FAR/DFAR - is plus
- 3+ years of relevant experience.
- Fluency in English - a must have.
- Fluent in Ukrainian, Russian (Ukrainian passport)
- Proficient Communication - Written and Oral, excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to multi-task and perform in a dynamic, fast paced, changing environment
- Proficiency to perform and comprehend price analyses, source selection/justification
- Proficient Attention to Detail
- Advanced Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Job in the team of dedicated professionals of locals and expatriats in the Kyiv city.
- Competitive compensation package, including comprehensive health insurance (covering family members).
- Working schedule 9/80 (every 2nd Friday off)
If interested, please submit a resume and cover letter (English ONLY). We will contact you if the CV matches requirements after closing date. Deadline: September 17, 2019