Head of Development Data Solutions
Телекоммуникации / Связь
As a Head of Development Data Solutions (Big data), you will provide high-level technical direction and management to a large scrum teams of programmers; strategic technology planning, analytical support to internal and external clients and provide the leadership for the development of highly complex, enterprise Data solutions.
You are responsible for designing large-scale data processing systems and provide input on the architectural decisions including hardware and software. You understand the complexity of data and can design systems and models to handle different data variety including (structured, semi-structured, unstructured), volume, velocity (including stream processing), and veracity. The Head of Data Solutions is also able to effectively address information governance and security challenges associated with the system.
- Managing full lifecycle (implementation, development, support, swap etc.) of Data solutions;
- Data Solutions strategy and road map alignment with corporate goals;
- Alignment of business and digitalization teams on data strategy and data-driven culture;
- Develop and govern the implementation of technical and architecture standards, guidelines and practices which implement data strategies in accordance with global best practices;
- Responsibility for data solutions architecture (Hortonworks HDP, Hive, Spark, Kafka etc.);
- Building and advising on integration of external and internal data sources, analytical tools;
- Taking an active part in creating data-informed and data-driven culture at the company;
- Lead the creation of initiatives and architecture models for assigned projects and transformation programs aiming to deliver operational strategies;
- Recruit, train, and manage a large scrum development teams.
- At least 5 years' experience of working as a data architect or data engineer;
- At least 3 years' of team leadership in data warehousing, data science, data management;
- Proven track of records in building and managing mature agile development processes with large distributed teams;
- Proven ability to design, build, implement, and run enterprise data solutions;
- Solid knowledge of SQL and NoSQL, experience of working with different DBMS (Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL, etc.);
- Previous experience with open source solutions and frameworks (Hadoop, Cassandra, Scala, Spark, Hive, Kafka, etc.);
- Understanding of main methods of analytics, business and data storage systems, software development;
- Strong people management background;
- Ability to work and think out of the box.
- Unique experience of working the most customers beloved and largest mobile operator in Ukraine;
- Real opportunity to ship digital data products to 10th of millions of customers;
- Experience of working with the data of the largest operator in Ukraine. Real BIG data with TB's of daily data processes online and 10'th of PB's stored and analyzed;
- Flexible, open for changes, fast, agile organization (not traditional telecom);
- Hands on experience with on the edge Big Data technologies and tools on top extremely large data flows;
- Great diversity of tasks and projects that fully apply your knowledge and skills;
- Flexibility in tools and techniques usage
- Opportunity to grow within the team and within the international VEON group;
- Flexible work hours
- Medical insurance
- Life insurance
- Friendly Collaborative Environment
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.