The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world's largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC is looking for Support Assistant in our office in Kramatorsk.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the support function portfolio according to plan of action
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Be responsible that vehicle fleet is optimized in its size, vehicle models, utilization, running operational costs
- Propose development initiative within Logistics department and sub-office in close cooperation with Logistics Coordinator
- Contribute to identification of protection risks and needs in the context of the program implementation.
- Perform any other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the supervisor/line manager
- In cooperation with Program prepare weekly tracking sheets of logistics tasks and local vehicle fleet movement plan to be handled for sharing with Procurement/Logistics Officers in Severodonetsk. Control and supervise the movement of vehicles according to NRC needs. Control fleet of vehicles (both passenger and cargo, if any) and drivers in Kramatorsk. Be responsible for maintenance of vehicles, fuelling, mileage check, parking, key handling and all other fleet-related issues. Generate and account fleet and warehouse documentation, if required (waybills, delivery notes, etc.). Prepare Weekly Reports for Logistics.
- Receive invoices and verify correctness against orders/contracts/agreements and follow up on where partial deliveries are made until orders are complete. Perform all administrative/logistics tasks to ensure the smooth operation of NRC offices/guesthouses/hotels in Kramatorsk area (communication with Service Providers, Suppliers, Landlords and all other involved persons/entities, checking the counters for utilities, correctness of bills for services provided, etc.). Booking of hotels when needed.
- Ensure assets of all newly purchased NRC equipment is properly tagged and recorded in the local and program asset database. Maintain local Asset List/Inventory List according to NRC requirements. Take care and account NRC assets/inventory according to NRC policy.
- Occasionally visit with suppliers to offer guidance on matters of procurement. Ensure that the procurement of goods and services for assigned program activities for the Kramatorsk office adhere to internal controls and procedures designed to ensure strict compliance with the NRC Logistics handbook and the standard operating procedures. Be responsible for generating Purchase Requisitions in consultation with Program staff, filling in of General Receipt Notes (GRN) once supplies or services have been received, completing other procurement documents as required.
- Assist the HR department with files and staff interface to ensure compliance with NRC standard HR procedures when needed.
- Be the focal point and coordinate the tasks Logistics Coordinator, PС have initiated.
- Report all potential fraud cases to the Line Manager
- Perform other duties, as assigned by PC and Logistics Coordinator, as and when required.
- Experience from working with logistics/procurement/administrative in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Working knowledge or communication in English, both written and verbal
- Knowledge of Ukrainian or Russian language
- English knowledge will be a plus
- Basic Knowledge of the context in the areas NRC operates
- Support to manage resources to optimize results;
- Empowering and building trust;
- Handling insecure environments;
- Details and results orientation;
Contract period: till the end 2019 with the possibility of extention.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy, medical insurance, training opportunities
Duty station: Kramatorsk, Donetsk oblast, Ukraine
The deadline for application - 16.06.2019