Опубликовано 3 дня назад
Community mental health officer
The humanitarian aid organizations "Medicos del Mundo" and "Arzte der Welt" are the Spanish and German division of the international network Medecins du Monde/Doctors of the World (MdM).
MDM has been operating in Ukraine since August 2015 and is currently implementing an emergency response and recovery program in the Eastern part of Ukraine.
The program is implemented around two main components: direct delivery of services through multidisciplinary mobile units (including PHC, SRH, MHPSS and support to GBV survivors); strengthening of local health system (with a specific focus on PHC, SRH, MHPSS and GBV) through capacity building of health and non-health staff, awareness raising and advocacy.
For our program in Ukraine, to support our activities, we are looking for COMMUNITY MENTAL HEALTH OFFICER based in Bakhmut with frequent visits to other locations within Bahmut rayon.
Under the direct supervision of the Mental Health and Psychosocial Support Manager, the Community Mental Health Officer (CMH Officer) organizes, implements and follows up the project in Bakhmut rayon.
The CMH Officer is responsible for implementing capacity building activities on evidence-based scalable interventions aimed to build the capacity of helping professionals identified as a target audience in the MHPSS project (including but not limited to primary health care medical workers; social workers, and community focal points) under the technical supervision and management of MHPSS Manager.
In addition, s/he is responsible for conducting MHPSS assessments at the community level and coordinating activities with other MHPSS providers (INGOs) and stakeholders existing on the community level (i.e. school; social services; church; village council) at the selected targeted locations of operations.
The CMH Officer is responsible for implementing awareness raising activities on community levels aimed at mental health promotion and stigma reduction among general populations in the targeted locations under the technical supervision and management of MHPSS Manager.
The CMH Officer ensures data collection, reporting and coordinating the activities with medical outreach team in relation to coordinating these activities on the community level.
- Implement and follow up of MdM's MHPSS capacity building programs (including Problem Management+, SH+, Thinking Healthy) on the rayon level;
- Conduct MHPSS needs assessments and map MHPSS services and referral pathway specific to the target communities under the technical framework of MdM;
- Actively contribute to and co-facilitate trainings on MHPSS and GBV to build capacity of helping professionals (including, but not limited to primary health care medical workers), and lay community workers in frames of MdMs program scope under the supervision of MHPSS Manager;
- Plan and implement MH awareness activities in line with MdM methodology and quality standards that raise awareness and overcome stigma around MHPSS and GBV on community level;
- Substitute the Psychologist in outreach direct service provision in case of need and upon request.
- Provide quality MHPSS care for beneficiaries, who attend community center and other spaces identified by MdM, including
- Providing individual psychological support sessions and conducting group sessions as needed
- Coordinating and following up with beneficiaries required psychological support
- Making referrals, according the national and MdM guidelines, to other health, social, legal, and livelihood services
- Providing psychological support and following up to victims of sexual and gender-based violence
- Identify needs, organize and conduct awareness sessions for communities on GBV and MHPSS issues, including
- Assessing needs of MHPSS information in communities and developing strategies on how to reach particular vulnerable groups
- Delivering MHPSS awareness raising sessions based on MdM's MHPSS technical framework upon validation of MHPSS Manager, MHPSS Technical Lead Specialist and MHPSS Coordinator.
Community Mental Health Programs
- Support implementation of MHPSS capacity building mental health programs on community levels (including selection of participants, co-training, supervision, following-up and monitoring) in accordance to the program scope and plan.
Coordination with NGOs, local associations
- Maintain regular contacts with other NGOs and organizations operating on the community level;
- Update the mapping of service providers available on the community level with the support of outreach psychologists;
- Ensure coordination and communication with MHPSS providers, state authorities in Health and Social Protection on the community levels;
- Provide a short summary when meetings are attended.
Monitoring and Reporting
- Assist in collecting mental health data from delivered activities on a regular basis and develop corrective measures when needed, in coordination with MHPSS Manager;
- Contribute to regular reports on MHPSS activities, in coordination with MHPSS Manager, MHPSS Supervisor and Field Coordinator.
- Maintain good socio-professional relationships with national and international partners;
- Attend team meetings and provide qualitative input;
- If necessary, contribute in preparing emergency plans with the Coordination team to adjust activities and resources to the needs;
- Take part in advocacy and communication activities under the supervision of MHPSS Manager;
- Perform other additional duties on request of the MHPSS Manager.
Note: This list of activities is not exhaustive and may change depending on the situation
Minimum level of competency:
Degree in clinical psychology, or other relevant to MHPSS certified field
- Experience with INGOs and/or health institutions;
- Knowledge of primary health care level and mental health context in conflict affected areas and overall in Ukraine;
- Self-organized and fare degree of autonomy with ability to organize, plan and prioritize tasks;
- Experience in coordination.
- Experience in developing and leading trainings on MHPSS and GBV, particularly with primary health care staff;
Language and computer skills:
- English / Russian / Ukrainian (fluent writing and speaking);
- Competency in Microsoft Office Environment.
- Ability to work quickly, under pressure, and with short deadlines
- Necessity to manage priorities and to adapt them daily according to the context
- Cultural sensitivity and ability to work in a multi-cultural environment-
- Alignment with principles and ethics of Medicos del Mundo
- Send CV + cover letter;
- Fixed term contract until the 31/12/2019 with possible extension (depends on successful performance and availability of funds).
- Salary according to the MDM salary Grid.
- Medical insurance.
- Full -time job
- Location: Bakhmut
Position will be filled on an ongoing basis
Only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.