Livelihoods and Food Security Assistant
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world's largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs
NRC is looking for Livelihoods and Food Security Assistant in our office in Severodonetsk.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist a range of support with the implementation of the portfolio according to plan of action
- Implements independently procedures and activities within own function or core competency as delegated
- Responsible for organizing and delivery of tasks in line with priorities and standards
- Develop and maintain knowledge of the specialist area of work in which technical assistance and support is being provided, in order to be most effective in supporting the team
- Use initiative in day to day problem solving in line with agreed procedures, priorities and standards for the area of work
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Promote and share ideas for improvement in your area of expertise.
- Identify the most vulnerable beneficiaries who require special assistance.
- Assist the L&FS Officer in registration of beneficiaries, needs assessment/verification based on home visits, distribution of assistance, post distribution monitoring and coordination with relevant stakeholders, in line with NRC policies and donor requirements.
- Ensure proper filing of documents.
- Provide any kind of assistance to the L&FS programme as a whole, based on needs.
- A degree in economics, social sciences, law, philology or business studies;
- Experience from working as a Project Assistant / Officer in a humanitarian / recovery context;
- Documented results related to the position's responsibilities;
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts;
- Knowledge of spoken and written English is an advantage;
- Experience in using computers, document processing (Excel, Word, Adobe) and networking
- Willingness to work in demanding, stressful situations under difficult living conditions with respect for basic security rules;
- Previous experience from a humanitarian/recovery context is an advantage;
- Fluency in Russian and/or Ukrainian;
- Solid understanding and experience of crisis contexts and working in complex emergencies.
- Handling insecure environment
- Working with people
- Coping with changes
- Planning and delivering results
- Empowering and building trust
- Communicating with impact and respect
Contract period: by the end 2019 with the possibility of extention.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy, medical insurance, training opportunities
Duty station: Severodonetsk, Luhansk oblast, Ukraine
The deadline for applications is 26.04.2019