Опубликовано 4 дня назад
Child Protection Technical Advisor
LOCATION: Sloviansk/Kyiv, Ukraine, with frequent travel to other field locations and occasional travel to Kyiv
home base in other locations, with travel to Sloviansk and conflict area (30%-40%)
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Strategic Planning and reporting
- Provide strategic leadership to Save the Children's work in child protection in Ukraine
- Develop and update child protection technical strategies, in line with SCI Ukraine's strategic priorities, and SCI global child protection objectives and approaches
- Lead on Country Strategic Plan reporting on child protection-related strategic goals, working closely with the MEAL team
- Lead on technical proposal development for concepts and proposals related to child protection programming, ensuring that proposals are evidence-based and participatory (including partners and children)
- Ensure that technical proposals are aligned with SCI's Country Strategic Plan, Common Approaches and SCI global priorities
- Ensure that technical proposals are integrated with other thematic areas, that gender, inclusion and resilience are mainstreamed at the very least
- Support the Child Safeguarding Focal Points to ensure that child protection proposals are safe for children
- Explore innovative solutions and approaches to deliver high quality programs
Program quality, technical expertise, knowledge management, innovation
- Provide technical expertise, quality assurance and support for Save the Children's child protection program in line with international best practice
- Lead on the implementation of Common Approaches
- Actively participate in SC working groups, communities of practice to facilitate knowledge exchange
- Ensure that child protection programs are of high quality with reliable data and outcomes, in collaboration with the MEAL team
- Work closely with the Eastern Europe Knowledge Manager to learn and apply best practices of the region in child protection programming; contribute to the Knowledge Management Impact Centre operations by sharing relevant best practices, research, reports, etc.
- Ensure that program experience in Ukraine contributes to regional and global learning
- Maintain high intelligence of the country context in child protection area and continuously explore information on needs, issues and constraints
- Contribute to development of TORs for child protection-related assessments and research.
- Lead processes to ensure globally proven approaches are contextualised for Ukraine
- Strengthen program learning and documentation on child protection, in collaboration with the MEAL team
Support to program implementation
- Support the Operations team to implement Save the Children's strategy in the area of child protection
- Participate in operational plans development in the area of child protection
- Support the Operations team to deliver activities to the highest standards, assess capacity building needs and areas for improvement
- Conduct monitoring visits in collaboration with the MEAL team to assess quality of implementation
- Work in close cooperation with Partnership Coordinator to assess, identify and support strategic partners in child protection
- Contribute and supervise to the development of communications products, in collaboration with the Communications team
- Contribute to SCI country program planning and reporting on child protection thematic priorities
- Build the capacity of program, partner staff, stakeholders in line with program priorities
- Develop child protection-specific training packages, conduct workshops, trainings and other learning events for project teams, partners and other stakeholders
- Provide direct technical support to partners implementing child protection activities with Save the Children
- Participate in global learning and capacity building event and cascade learning to the team as appropriate
Advocacy and representation
- Lead on external representation in child protection in Ukraine and abroad, networking and relationship building with key stakeholders
- Help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with government authorities, donors, partners, and local and international NGOs related to child protection
- Engage with child protection expertise available within the organization globally, including members, communities of practice and networks to be well aware of thematic updates, best practices, project models, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience in child protection programs or related field.
- Strong technical understanding of the child protection sector, in emergencies and development contexts.
- Ability to identify the gaps in Child protection in a given context to inform a holistic response for children.
- Experience in building relationships, fostering interagency coordination and experience of representing an organisation to external stakeholders.
- Experience in designing and facilitating training and capacity building.
- Previous experience working for Save the Children.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Russian or Ukrainian
- Commitment to upholding Save the Children's Child Safeguarding Policy, as well as principles of do no harm and confidentiality