Technical assistant (information, counselling and legal assistant programme)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world's largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
NRC is looking for ICLA Technical Assistant in our office in Stanytsa Luhanska.
- Adhere to NRC policies, tools, handbooks and guidelines
- Assist with the implementation of the ICLA Programme according to plan of action; promote and share ideas for improvement of the support function
- Prepare and develop status reports as required by management
- Ensure proper filing of documents
- Contribute to identification of protection risks and needs in the context of the program implementation
- Receive incoming calls and make outgoing calls according to needs; receive, distribute and register brochures, mails, documents and reports
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Provide secretarial support such as typing, taking minutes, drafting letters, etc.
- Substitute and perform ICLA PA (reception) duties when required
- Under the supervision of ICLA Project Coordinator, support the provision of information, counselling and legal assistance activities, conducted by Technical Officers, in accordance with the standard operating procedures, guidelines and instructions from lawyers; provide timely, accurate and reliable information to IDPs and conflict-affected people as regards certain rights and entitlements listed below, draft legal letters, applications, fill in forms, or other templates and otherwise assist in preparation of legal documents supporting clients to claim certain rights and entitlements
- Support ICLA Technical Officers during field visits in provision of legal aid services
- Provide counselling on electronic passes
- Provide counselling and legal assistance on death and birth facts registration
- Substitute and perform ICLA PA (reception) duties in terms of hot-line maintenance, filling and scanning forms, entering information into the database, contacting clients and arranging appointments etc. when required
- Facilitate provision of basic information about the rights and entitlements of beneficiaries
- Perform any other task as requested by ICLA Project Coordinator, Project Manager or Programme Development Manager.
- Higher Education
- Experience working in administrative role
- Documented results related to the position's responsibilities
- Good knowledge of English an advantage
- Fluent in Ukrainian and Russian languages
- High education with background in law or similar
- Experience of working as administrator or receptionist, preferably for a non-profit legal service provider, law firm or other entity providing legal counselling and assistance.
- Knowledge of the software programs (MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Good knowledge of the context in Ukraine
- Working with people
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
- Handling insecure environments
Contract period: till the end 2019 with the possibility of extention.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy, medical insurance, training opportunities
Duty station: Stanytsa Luhanska, Luhansk oblast, Ukraine
The deadline for application - 12.05.2019