Негосударственные организации / NGO
Duties and Responsibilities
Under the direct supervision of the Programme Coordinator, Economic Recovery and Restoration of Critical Infrastructure the Programme Associate will be responsible for the following key tasks:
- Perform administrative support functions to facilitate the implementation of the programme component activities, including personnel matters, attendance records, facilitating missions, office maintenance, reception/registry;
- Assure smooth operational running of the programme by following established operational rules and procedures, including preparation of the supporting documentation for contracts, grant agreements and payments;
- Contribute to the programme component annual and detailed implementation work plans, procurement plans and reports preparation in quality and timely manner based on the requirements of the UNDP and programme donors;
- Facilitate programme component recruitments and personnel management;
- Assure timely and accurate preparation and submission of the documents for selection processes and contract extensions. Provide support with advertisements of vacancies in mass media;
- Ensure timely preparation and submission of documents for service contracts of programme component team extension;
- Participate in data collection, analysis and maintenance of programme component related database and files; Keep accurate electronic and paper filing, information and records systems;
- Participate in programme component activities (meetings, round tables, conferences, other public activities); preparation, implementation and follow up, take meeting minutes etc;
- Provide logistical support, including travel arrangements, accommodation, visas, tickets, etc. to the programme component staff;
- Facilitate and provide full support to programme component monitoring, evaluation and audit missions, as well as missions of experts;
- Keep updated programme component inventory and assure that UNDP regulations on the equipment use, storage and proper maintenance are adhered. Assure that the programme component equipment transfer/disposal is being done in accordance with UNDP rules;
- Maintain the database of all stakeholders and partners;
- Maintain contacts with relevant partners on a variety of the programme component related issues;
- Liaise with UNDP Operations on a variety of the operations related issues: procurement, financial management and human resources;
- Provide assistance with programme component documents translation and interpretation as needed;
- Maintain stationery and office supplies, purchase office equipment when needed;
- Handle programme component telephone enquiries and correspondence;
- Provide support to various programme component activities at the national and sub-national levels;
- Provide support to communication activities and events of the programme component;
- Facilitate timely and proper preparation, collection and submission of full set of documents for the Project registration card;
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Programme Coordinator (Component Leader) and/or UNDP management.
- Provide day-to-day management of the programme component financial operations in accordance with UNDP rules and regulations and relevant SOPs;
- Prepare and monitor operations budget, assist in preparation of programme component budget and maintain necessary budgetary controls and records;
- Prepare requests for direct payment to UNDP CO Finance unit in accordance with the approved programme component budget;
- Ensure process of payment requests and payments within the limits of the programme component budget;
- Prepare accurate budget revisions;
- Prepare requests for financial authorization to UNDP CO in accordance with the approved programme component budget;
- Prepare accurate financial reports, including monthly and quarterly disbursement reports and financial reports for donors;
- Monitor expenditures and prepare financial reports and forecasts;
- Facilitate the process of procurement and delivery of programme component goods and services through tender process in accordance with SOP;
- Maintain the filing system;
- Support to organization of procurement processes including vendor creation, e-requisitions etc.
- Implement the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched;
- Ensure timely corrective actions on purchase orders with budget check errors and other problems;
- Assist programme management in preparation/revision of Programme Implementation Plan.
- Maintain updated database of programme counterparts, contractors, consultants, suppliers, collect relevant information on best services and expertise providers;
- Review press and publications for articles of interest to programme and circulate them to programme staff;
- Ensure proper editing of promotion materials and assure that programme promotion materials meet UN and donor's communications requirements;
- Facilitate and coordinate procurement and delivery of promotion materials to the required destinations;
- Ensure wide and target distribution of information materials produced;
- Assure that programme information is kept updated at intra-net and UNDP web-site;
- Prepare programme related correspondence, maintain contacts with governmental and non-governmental institutions, local authorities, NGOs, academia, etc.;
- Facilitate programme related training/learning activities.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Business Administration, Management, Economics, Human Resources, Finance, Accounting, Social Sciences or other related fields;
- At least 3 years of practical experience of working in the field of administration, finance, programme/project support or other relevant fields;
- Experience in usage of computers and office software packages (Word, Excel etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems;
- Experience in working in a computer environment using multiple office software packages, experience in ATLAS an advantage;
- Working experience within UNDP or other UN agency will be considered as an asset;
- Experience of working in international organizations/projects will be considered as an advantage;
- Fluency in English, Russian and Ukrainian is required.
This is a locally recruited position and no expatriation benefits will apply.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 27 March 2019.
If you wish to apply for this or other positions with UNDP, please visit UNDP in Ukraine website, section Jobs and apply online: https://jobs.undp.org/cj_view_job.cfm?cur_job_id=83410
UNDP will use a transparent and competitive screening process, though will only contact those applicants in whom there is further interest. Applications may only be submitted for specific vacancy. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply.