Inclusion Technical Advisor
LOCATION: Sloviansk/Kyiv, Ukraine, with frequent travel to other field locations and occasional travel to Kyiv
home base in other locations, with travel to Sloviansk and conflict area (30%-40%)
Level 3: the role holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work in country programs; or are visiting country programs; ore because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Strategic Planning and reporting
- Provide strategic leadership to Save the Children's work in inclusion in Ukraine
- Develop and update inclusion technical strategies, in line with SCI Ukraine's strategic priorities, and SCI global inclusion objectives and approaches
- Lead on Country Strategic Plan reporting on inclusion-related strategic goals, working closely with the MEAL team
- Lead on technical proposal development for concepts and proposals related to inclusion programming, ensuring that proposals are evidence-based and participatory (including partners and children)
- Ensure that technical proposals are aligned with SCI's Country Strategic Plan, Common Approaches and SCI global priorities
- Ensure that technical proposals are integrated with other thematic areas, that gender, inclusion and resilience are mainstreamed at the very least
- Support the Child Safeguarding Focal Points to ensure that inclusion proposals are safe for children
- Explore innovative solutions and approaches to deliver high quality programs
Program quality, technical expertise, knowledge management, innovation
- Provide technical expertise, quality assurance and support for Save the Children's inclusion program in line with international best practice
- Lead on the implementation of Common Approaches
- Actively participate in SC working groups, communities of practice to facilitate knowledge exchange
- Ensure that inclusion programs are of high quality with reliable data and outcomes, in collaboration with the MEAL team
- Work closely with the Eastern Europe Knowledge Manager to learn and apply best practices of the region in inclusion programming; contribute to the Knowledge Management Impact Centre operations by sharing relevant best practices, research, reports, etc.
- Ensure that program experience in Ukraine contributes to regional and global learning
- Maintain high intelligence of the country context in the inclusion area and continuously explore information on needs, issues and constraints
- Contribute to development of TORs for Inclusion -related assessments and research.
- Lead processes to ensure globally proven approaches are contextualised for Ukraine
- Strengthen program learning and documentation on inclusion, in collaboration with the MEAL team
Support to program implementation
- Support the Operations team to implement Save the Children's strategy in the area of Inclusion
- Participate in operational plans development in the area of Inclusion
- Support the Operations team to deliver activities to the highest standards, assess capacity building needs and areas for improvement
- Conduct monitoring visits in collaboration with the MEAL team to assess quality of implementation
- Work in close cooperation with Partnership Coordinator to assess, identify and support strategic partners in Inclusion
- Contribute and supervise to the development of communications products, in collaboration with the Communications team
- Contribute to SCI country program planning and reporting on inclusion thematic priorities
- Build the capacity of program, partner staff, stakeholders in line with program priorities
- Develop inclusion -specific training packages, conduct workshops, trainings and other learning events for project teams, partners and other stakeholders
- Provide direct technical support to partners implementing inclusion activities with Save the Children
- Participate in global learning and capacity building event and cascade learning to the team as appropriate
Advocacy and representation
- Lead on external representation in inclusion in Ukraine and abroad, networking and relationship building with key stakeholders
- Help establish, maintain, and improve active and regular working relationships with government authorities, donors, partners, and local and international NGOs related to inclusion
- Engage with inclusion expertise available within the organization globally, including members, communities of practice and networks to be well aware of thematic updates, best practices, project models, etc.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Minimum of 5 years' relevant work experience in inclusion programs or related field (inclusive education, work with children with disabilities, work with marginalized children etc.).
- Strong technical understanding of the education sector, in emergencies and development contexts.
- Ability to identify the gaps in Education in a given context to inform a holistic response for children.
- Experience in building relationships, fostering interagency coordination and experience of representing an organisation to external stakeholders.
- Experience in designing and facilitating training and capacity building.
- Previous experience working for Save the Children.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Russian or Ukrainian
- Commitment to upholding Save the Children's Child Safeguarding Policy, as well as principles of do no harm and confidentiality
- Understanding of and commitment to SCI aims, values and principles including rights-based approaches