Support Engineer (Big Data)
Ubisoft, an industry leading developer of video games offers a unique environment where creativity, teamwork and cutting-edge technology bring to life critically acclaimed video games and iconic AAA franchises. You will benefit from a competitive compensation package, an open learning environment, and contribute to an international team driving innovation.
As part of the Global Network Service - Business team, the Pipeline Developer will participate in the support of the Data Lake team, supporting data pipelines, processes and applications to fulfill business objectives. The Data Lake team enables the centralization and management of all Ubisoft raw data in near real-time, and make that data available for various uses like data warehousing, analysis and exploration.
The role of this support position is to ensure stability of existing pipeline and processes as well as suggesting improvements and optimizations.
- Support existing real-time and batch data ingestion pipeline
- Analyze the data sources and perform data exploration;
- Shares acquired skills with team members through formal and informal channels;
- Proposes ideas of improvement of the applications, procedures and technologies used;
- Ensures reporting to his/her manager and communicates and escalades warnings;
- Support the good working of developed applications in all environments through interaction with Ops teams and/or set up of continuous integration and deployment tools;
- Identifies and troubleshoots system deficiencies and recommends solutions;
- Increases applications operating efficiency on a regular basis;
- Creates technical documentation, is quality driven in term of deliverables;
- Actively contributes to corporate knowledge base;
- Suggests system improvements and offers alternative solutions to the different problems that may appear;
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or any other related field is preferred;
- Minimum 3 years' experience in DevOps/Support position within a professional IT environment.
- Excellent Knowledge and experience of Linux and scripting;
- Knowledge or interest on Java or Scala;
- Knowledge or interest on Cloud/Container technologies is an asset (Docker, Kubernetes, Ansible);
- Knowledge or interest on Big data technologies (HDFS, Hive, Impala, Kafka, Spark, Airflow, etc.) is an asset;
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming (adheres to a solid and reusable object oriented design);
- Git source control usage;
- Understanding of web services & APIs (REST, SOAP).
- Availability to join rotation on-call support when necessary;
- Fluent in English (French is an asset);
Desirable personal skills:
- Strong analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and organization skills;
- Problem solving and questioning skills;
- Persevering, autonomous, takes initiative;
- Capacity to multitask and perform on strict deadlines;
- Quality, services and result oriented;
- Easily adaptable to changes and proposals;
- Bonus system based on performance
- International projects
- Training and Knowledge Sharing programs
- Access to cutting-edge hardware
- Opportunity to travel abroad
- Medical / Life Insurance
- Access to the internal library, to goodies and games.
- English / French courses
- Long-term employment with 20 working days paid vacation
And, most of all, we guarantee you'll enjoy our atmosphere and working environment!
Join Ubisoft Kiev Studio and become "Serious about fun" together with us! If you are interested - please send your CV.