Негосударственные организации / NGO
Recruitment of Local Support Staff for the Election Observation Mission to Ukraine
In anticipation of an official invitation to observe presidential election scheduled for 31 March 2019, ODIHR is preparing to deploy an Election Observation Mission (EOM) for this election. In this respect, ODIHR is looking to recruit local support staff for the above-mentioned position on full-time basis.
For more information about the responsibilities and requirements of the post, please read the terms of reference, in the Key Resources on ODIHR website: https://www.osce.org/odihr/elections/ukraine/4
+38XXXXXXXX показать номер07546
Start date of employment for regional positions: 13 February 2019 (approx.)
Approximate duration of employment: 6-12 weeks depending on the post, with exception of Assistants to Senior National Minority Analyst, Statistical Analysts and Junior Operation Expert Assistants who are employed for less than 3 weeks.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine (except drivers and interpreters for Long Term Observers)
Remuneration is commensurate with the qualifications of the incumbent and requirements of the post, and is similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System for general services employees (in accordance with established OSCE rates). Social security will include participation in the OSCE life and accident disability insurance scheme.
Application procedure: Candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of Ukraine. Those interested in applying should send the most recent curriculum vitae in English to ensure an equal and transparent treatment during the recruitment/appointment process to: Отправить резюме indicating the position for which you are applying (e.g. ELE/UKR Senior Election Analyst Assistant).
Each candidate may apply for up to three positions in separate e-mails. Please do not attach photographs, motivation letters and certificates. Additional relevant information should be submitted only upon request.
Driver's CV should include vehicle brand, type and year of production.
By submitting the curriculum vitae the applicants confirm correctness of information.
Applications received after the deadline or with no indication of the position for which the candidate is applying, will not be taken into consideration.
Application deadline for regional positions: 3 February 2
+38XXXXXXXX показать номер019 24
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.
Note: No application fees are required by ODIHR for its recruitment process at any stage (application processing, interview meeting, training or any other fees).
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Drives mission personnel;
- Meets official personnel at the airport and facilitates immigration and customs formalities when necessary and possible;
- Collects and delivers mails or documents when requested;
- Responsible for day-to-day maintenance of the vehicle, checks oil, water, brakes, etc., performs minor repairs;
- Assists the Operations Expert in locating good road maps and city plans, in identifying possible parking spaces / garages in the city, in collecting information on all local procedures for obtaining parking stickers/permissions for city center, fuel coupons, special insurance, special parking permissions in front of the state authority buildings, airport, etc.;
- Informs Operations Assistant and/or Receptionist on road conditions, possible traffic jams and estimated time needed for certain destinations, for careful planning on all in-town journeys;
- Ensures that the car in a clean state inside and outside;
- Logs all trips in the log sheet;
- Ensures that rules and regulations are followed in case of involvement in accident; and
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completed primary education. Secondary education is preferred;
- At least two years of relevant working experience;
- Experience in driving officials for international organizations is an asset;
- Possession of vehicle in excellent technical and aesthetic condition,
- Possession of all relevant documentation for driving the vehicle (relevant licences, vehicle passports and power of attorney if the driver is not the legal owner; as well as proof that the vehicle has sufficient 3rd Party Liability Insurance);
- Knowledge of driving rules and regulations and chauffeur courtesies;
- Punctuality and discretion;
- Ability to perform minor repairs and work irregular hours;
- Knowledge of local language(s) is essential; and
- Knowledge of English is an asset.