Негосударственные организации / NGO
Recruitment of Local Support Staff for the Election Observation Mission to Ukraine
Position OBSERVERS ASSISTANT/INTERPRETER
In anticipation of an official invitation to observe presidential election scheduled for 31 March 2019, ODIHR is preparing to deploy an Election Observation Mission (EOM) for this election. In this respect, ODIHR is looking to recruit local support staff for the above-mentioned position on full-time basis.
For more information about the responsibilities and requirements of the post, please read the terms of reference, in the Key Resources on ODIHR website: https://www.osce.org/odihr/elections/ukraine/4
+38XXXXXXXX показать номер07546
Start date of employment for regional positions: 13 February 2019 (approx.)
Approximate duration of employment: 6-12 weeks depending on the post, with exception of Assistants to Senior National Minority Analyst, Statistical Analysts and Junior Operation Expert Assistants who are employed for less than 3 weeks.
Location: Kyiv, Ukraine (except drivers and interpreters for Long Term Observers)
Remuneration is commensurate with the qualifications of the incumbent and requirements of the post, and is similar to those offered under the United Nations Common System for general services employees (in accordance with established OSCE rates). Social security will include participation in the OSCE life and accident disability insurance scheme.
Application procedure: Candidates must be citizens or permanent residents of Ukraine. Those interested in applying should send the most recent curriculum vitae in English to ensure an equal and transparent treatment during the recruitment/appointment process to: Отправить резюме indicating the position for which you are applying (e.g. ELE/UKR Senior Election Analyst Assistant).
Each candidate may apply for up to three positions in separate e-mails. Please do not attach photographs, motivation letters and certificates. Additional relevant information should be submitted only upon request.
Driver's CV should include vehicle brand, type and year of production.
By submitting the curriculum vitae the applicants confirm correctness of information.
Applications received after the deadline or with no indication of the position for which the candidate is applying, will not be taken into consideration.
Application deadline for regional positions: 3 February 2
+38XXXXXXXX показать номер019 24
The OSCE retains the discretion to re-advertise the vacancy, to cancel the recruitment, to offer an appointment at a lower grade or to offer an appointment with a modified job description or for a different duration. Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
The OSCE is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all religious, ethnic and social backgrounds to apply.
Note: No application fees are required by ODIHR for its recruitment process at any stage (application processing, interview meeting, training or any other fees).
Main Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provides simultaneous interpretation from/to English to/from local language(s);
- Provides written translation from/to English to/from local language(s) of various documents on a wide range of technical topics;
- Arranges various meetings with officials from local and regional election authorities, governors, mayors, local representatives of political parties, candidates, the media, and civil society;
- Summarizes, in English, election-related news published in the local language(s);
- Assists the LTOs in identifying suitable staff for the short-term observers (STOs) and in locating suitable accommodation for STOs (if applicable);
- Organizes travels in the AoO for the LTOs and accompanies the LTOs on these travels;
- Keeps lists of names, addresses and phone number of the LTOs' interlocutors; and
- Performs other duties as required.
- Completed secondary education. A degree in translation/interpretation, political sciences, social sciences, law, international relations or related field is an asset;
- Four years of relevant working experience. Experience of work at international organizations is an asset;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English and local language(s). Translation/interpretation experience is an asset;
- Good computer skills;
- Good knowledge of the AoO;
- Good organizational skills;
- Ability to work long hours and under pressure;
- Ability and willingness to work as a member of a team;
- Ability and willingness to deploy to the field, sometimes on short notice; and
- Demonstrated ability to work with people of different cultural and religious backgrounds, different gender and diverse political views, while maintaining impartiality and objectivity.
- Daily schedule of LTO team;
- Written translations, interpretations;
- News summaries;
- Travel arrangements;
- Draft correspondence; and
- Contact lists.