***Please read the entire job post before applying or responding***
American owned technology startup from the United States is searching for a full-time, part-time or contract PHP Developer / Software Engineer to help with one or several of our startup projects. Current projects include but are not limited to a restaurant application, ecommerce website and other projects.
If you want to be promoted above Team Leader and be part of an American startup now is your chance. You will be an important part in helping to launch these projects and can succeed with us.
- 42,000 UAH / Monthly Salary -- paid via Payoneer using a fixed exchange rate.
- Potential annual bonuses for exceptional performance and commitment.
- Work performed virtually/remotely from your home location.
- Work with non-technical staff such as a Product Leader to understand the product vision, assist with the product roadmap and advise on the technology stack to be used and prioritize features for different releases.
Required General Skills
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related field.
- Must be able to write and speak English, not perfectly but must communicate with native speakers.
- Confidence, discipline and willingness to learn new skills as required.
- Ability to meet strict deadlines and willingness to accept accountability.
- Basic logic and problem-solving skills.
- Must possess maturity to handle stressful situations and deliver consistent work quality on time.
- Must be honest and willing to accept responsibility.
- Own a reliable PC and strong internet connection.
- Must have a quiet place to work without interruptions.
- Experience with MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint and Word).
- Willingness to work occasional weekend and evening hours.
Required Technical Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in PHP, back-end / server-side coding, and experience with Laravel and other popular frameworks.
- We do not consider freelance work or experience at a company with less than 30 employees as relevant experience.
- Collaborate effectively with people from a variety of technical and business disciplines as you support, manage, and work with developers in project work within the product SCRUM team.
- Design, build and test technical features/functionality that are dynamic, secure, performant, scalable and maintainable.
- Liaise with IT teams and external vendors and solutions providers to Integrate code, third-party solutions and integrations.
- Read and write build specifications and documentation.
- Partner to define and champion coding standards and best practices, participate in code reviews and pair-programming.
- Oversee the maintenance of source control systems, shared repositories, quality checks and code validation.
- Experience with or comfort in learning ecommerce-based systems like Magento.
- Outsourcing experience working on multiple external client projects is preferred.
- Strong understanding of MySQL and relational databases.
- Exposure to non-SQL databases and key value stores.
- Developed web applications in a multi-tiered architecture.
- Understand that on a high-volume web site, efficient code counts.
- Be comfortable on Linux systems.
- Have used source control systems like Git (BitBucket).
- Understanding of cloud-based infrastructures such as AWS
- Basic understanding of front-end technologies is necessary as well.
- Experience working in an agile environment.