Economic security field officer
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
The ICRC is mandated to work in countries affected by armed conflict or other situations of violence. The ICRC is present in over 80 countries and has some 13,000 field staff.
In 2014, the ICRC expanded its presence to Ukraine. There are more than 300 ICRC staff working in Kyiv, Sloviansk, Severodonetsk, Mariupol, Donetsk, Luhansk and Odesa.
ICRC is Equal Opportunity Employer giving highest priority to staff safety and security.
For more information, visit website: http://www.icrc.org/
ECONOMIC SECURITY FIELD OFFICER
Based in Mariupol
- Contribute in the implementation and follow-up of Economic Security departments' projects (mainly agricultural, livestock, winterization, etc.) under close supervision
- Execute field tasks independently: plan field trips, manage distributions, supervise URCS volunteers and maintains a clear record of distribution tracking system with a timely submission
- Assist in assessments and Post distribution/ transfer monitoring when needed
- Collects and compiles information according to a given procedure
- Ensures follow up, updates files and database if required and drafts simple and standard activity reports/ statistics including contribution to the weekly reports
- Maintains contacts with external interlocutors such as authorities at municipal level, local RC Branches, suppliers, etc.
- Assists the Delegate on any other requested duty
The tasks and responsibilities defined above are not exhaustive and can evolve depending on organizational needs.
- Secondary School or college
- 1 year work experience in a humanitarian area, socio-economic development or in a similar field of activity (preferences will be given to candidates with a degree or experience in agronomy, veterinary, economics or micro and small businesses)
- Basic knowledge of spoken and written English
- Good computer knowledge
- Capacity to adhere to and to implement procedures
- Good communication skills
- Good negotiation skills
HOW TO APPLY
Please submit your CV in English, along with your motivation letter and salary expectations by 22.11.2018
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interview. No queries by phone please.