Junior Android Software Engineer
Cardo Systems, Inc., headquartered in Pittsburgh, PA. (USA) is the world's acknowledged market leader in wireless communication systems for motorcyclists. With the introduction in 2004 of the scala rider® Bluetooth line of devices, Cardo has literally pioneered a new product category that was non-existent until then.
Today, the scala rider line includes the most advanced devices in the category from solid entry-level products to the most feature-rich communication and entertainment system available. scala rider products can be found in motorcycle accessory stores in over 80 countries.
We are looking for perspective and ambitious Android developer to join our team.
- Working on creating new Android native Cardo application;
- Be aligned with UX/UI, Test and iOS development teams on requirements and specifications;
- Understand current application workflows and provide maintenance help when necessary;
- Provide technical support and act as a Subject Matter Expert in Android app development and maintenance.
- 1 years experience of Java development;
- 1 year hands-on experience in Android development with recent Android SDKs and Material Design concepts;
- Experience with multi-threading, memory management and caching mechanisms specific to mobile devices;
- Knowledge about the Android ecosystem, tooling and libraries;
- Experience using source control systems (git, bitbucket);
- Experience with Android Bluetooth APIs will be a plus;
- Ability to explain yourself in English to a client.
The ideal candidate is also:
- Has agile mindset and is a good team player;
- Possesses knowledge of computer science fundamentals which prevents him/her from reinventing the wheel;
- Is pragmatic: gets things done, can find a creative compromise between an ideal technical solution and actual client needs.
- Understands the value of testing, quality, continuous integration, source control, and code reviews;
- Is able to analyze, plan and estimate requirements as well as identify risks involved and provide solutions to them.