We are looking for an associate to join our dispute resolution team in international trade & shipping. Most of our projects are on a large scale and have a high profile within the local and international market. This is an excellent opportunity for those who are willing to be involved in all aspects of these spheres.
This role is for a qualified lawyer with proven academic background who has trained with a reputable law firm or in-house department of a well-regarded company.
- Drafting, reviewing and negotiating a variety of contracts and other commercial documents;
- Providing general commercial legal support to traders, container lines, agents, terminals;
- Managing own case load of commercial litigation matters;
- Support in handling of cross-border disputes, mainly under GAFTA and FOSFA contracts;
- Cooperating and working closely with other legal team members;
- Drafting articles and publications, updating of the website's content and other administrative assignments may be required from time to time.
- excellent English;
- a minimum of 2 years experience as a lawyer;
- excellent knowledge of civil and commercial law, basics of maritime law;
- superior legal research and strong analytical and communication skills;
- ability to work overtime.
Your experience should be broad, but there is flexibility on experience levels here. In case you have less than two years of legal experience but you believe you are the right candidate, we would consider you equally with other candidates. Experience in trade and shipping is not required, but would be a competitive advantage. If you are interested in applying for this position, send your CV supported with a cover letter at company's e-mail.