Proposal (Grant)/ Report writer
Негосударственные организации / NGO
ADRA Ukraine is a local non-governmental organization (NGO) in the field of humanitarian aid and development cooperation. The organization is member of the large global ADRA network present in more than 125 countries. ADRA Ukraine has been operating in Ukraine since 1993 and used to provide activities through 4 offices - Ukrainian Head Quarter in Kiev and 3 regional offices in Mariupol, Kramatorsk and Severodonetsk. Due to humanitarian response, ADRA Ukraine is providing humanitarian assistance to internally displaced people in 15 regions of Ukraine. Since the start of the military conflict in Eastern Ukraine, ADRA takes care of about 1,000,000 people affected from the man-made crisis in Ukraine.
ADRA Ukraine looking for an proactive employee who has the flexibility of thinking, multitasking, loves his work and is able to work in a team for position Proposal (Grant)/ Report writer.
Starts date: ASAP
Duration of the contract: 6 months with possible extension
Location: Kiev with the regular trips to the field
A Proposal (Grant)/ Report writer is responsible for the grants management and the communication strategy. H/She ensures coordination and management to key program processes in proposal development, grants management. H/She coordinates with Program Director and relevant managers to ensure timely reporting to donors, developing and contributing to donors and internal compliance.
Program Development & Reporting
- Work closely with the Program Director, Project and Sector Managers and Technical specialist to design competitive proposals responding to the requirements of call for proposals and donor guidelines;
- Support the reviewing of proposals for consistency with the requirements of solicitations, requests or calls for proposals, predicting or preventing bottlenecks in the proposal development process and securing the necessary information to complete process
- Contribute to the production of high quality reporting
- Ensure quality control of reports, in relation to donor requirements and consistency between narrative and financial reports.
- Oversee reporting workflows and processes to ensure the timely and quality development, review and submission of reports.
- Maintain a reporting tracker
- Ensure the maintenance of a robust Grants Management system
- Facilitate the tracking of the overall program portfolio with donors
- Ensure key award processes are in place and that relevant staff are aware of programmatic, financial and compliance requirements.
- Technically support teams in the capacity building and management of grants and awards
- Support the country and sub-offices to ensure the inclusion of programmatic ADRA strategies standards and policies in the program development process
- Provide oversight in the review of strategic donors' grants on a regular basis including management tools analyzing original plans and log frames against achievements.
- Facilitate the tracking of the overall program portfolio with donors and monitor investments/income from donors.
- Develop a communication strategy, in close collaboration with Project Managers, according to identified needs
- Ensure the budget planning of communication activities
- Ensure the program teams (working with the M&E Units) generates, documents, disseminates and communicates program stories, relevant best practices and key lessons; to donors, local authorities and other humanitarian and development partners
The responsibilities listed in the JD are not exhaustive and may be readjusted per operational needs but will remain in line with the overall purpose of the role
Experience and technical competencies:
- Minimum 2 years of professional experience with NGO, in similar jobs
- Good knowledge of main institutional donors and their compliance requirements with proven experience of developing successful funding proposals and overseeing large complex grants
- Understanding of the principles of budgeting, financial and contract management
- Advanced university degree (or bachelor level qualification with equivalent years of professional experience) in a relevant field such as social sciences, development studies, international / humanitarian law, communications or similar
- Relevant professional humanitarian qualifications / recognized training certificates in Grants-related areas (M&E, IM, CHS, SPHERE, Protection, etc.) are desirable, although practical experience is more essential to the role
Fluent in English
Ukrainian/Russian is an advantage
ADRA Ukraine is committed to recruiting the best-suited individuals for a particular position. As long as such factors are not relevant to the position for which a candidate applies, ADRA Ukraine does not discriminate on the basis of gender, race, religion, national origin, ethnicity, age, disability, or marital status.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria may send in their application along with a copy of their CV in English, with full contact address, and salary expectations to Отправить резюме, Отправить резюме. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and provided with additional information.