Store Interior Design Leader
You are a performance-driven leader, passionate about people and strive to help your team achieve and develop as much as you do for your own achievements. Your deep passion, curiosity and understanding of home furnishing and people's everyday life at home are accompanied by educational background in interior design or architecture. You are inspired about using your local market knowledge to provide relevant and sustainable home furnishing solutions that improve people's life at home, while hungry for knowledge and want to improve your skills and learning, using this to benefit IKEA and grow personally. Passionate retail expert, that keeps yourself up to date about retail and design trends, enjoys working in a fast-paced and future-oriented environment.
About the job
Your job is to ensure the team and yourself contribute to positioning the IKEA City Shop as the first choice for home furnishings in the primary market area in order to maximize sales and long-term profitability. Based on deep knowledge of people's life at home and a high level of home furnishing competence, you and your team will be presenting and communicating the IKEA offer in a way that is attractive and relevant to the local market. Together with your team, you visualize the uniqueness of the IKEA offer to distance us from the competition. Lead and inspire the team to develop and implement:
- city shop layout as commercial tool
- range presentation
- city shop communication
You will do this in all commercial, Sales support and co-worker areas and secure high quality, simplicity and cost- consciousness in the execution of the team work by using global tools and best practices.
About the assignment
In this role, you will be a part of the Communication and Interior Design Team within the IKEA City Shop in Kyiv and you will:
- Contribute to securing a positive store experience for visitors, converting them into satisfied customers, by knowing the IKEA Concept and people's shopping interests in your local market.
- Analyze the Customer Satisfaction survey, Brand Capital and other visitor feedback and use these insights to improve our visitors' shop experience.
- Work with other functions and your team to ensure that your shop is always in shape as new.
- Ensure that all sales support and co-worker areas reflect our home furnishing knowledge and Swedishness.
- Participate within the store management team to create and implement the store business plan.
- Create a team action plan based on input from global and national priorities, and taking into account the local market needs and our store direction.
- Lead and inspire your team to constantly increase their knowledge of people's life at home and develop their home furnishing competence.
- Create an environment where the IKEA culture is strong and diversity is valued.
- Ensure efficiency and effectiveness through having the right number of co-workers in the right places at the right times.
- Set clear goals and expectations, dedicating your time to regular follow-ups with your team, commit yourself to the development of your team and secure they are sufficiently trained and have all needed competence within your function.
- Actively support and develop co-operation in the commercial team by contributing with your knowledge and competence.
- Create an environment of trust by encouraging open, constructive, honest, two-way feedback with your team and other colleagues.
- Identify, recruit and develop the many talents in the city shop, specifically in your team, to secure succession planning.
- Actively engage your team in sustainability in order to contribute to the IKEA focus on social responsibility and care for the environment.
- Ensure all Com&In initiatives grow our business and support the sustaining of long-term profitability.
- Deliver on the agreed goals and key performance indicators (KPIs).
- Constantly monitor the performance of your team against agreed goals, adapting and taking action when required.
- Wholehearted customer orientation
- Passion for home furnishing and knowledge in this area
- Education in interior design
- Extensive experience of working in a design-orientated role
- Knowledge of interior design, graphic design, visual merchandising and store planning
- Proven ability to visually express the brand identity of a company
- Experience on managerial position which included leading a creative team
- Experience of setting and implementing action plans, setting budgets and following up goals
- Proven ability to prioritize and organize work and the work of others in order to make the most efficient use of time available
- Excellent in written and spoken English, and local language/s.
- Computer literacy
The IKEA Group is a leading home furnishing retailer. We are a values driven company with a passion for life at home. Our vision is to create a better everyday life for the many people. We have 367 IKEA stores in 30 countries. Join us and discover exceptional opportunities to grow and develop together with us.
Join IKEA now and apply for the position online by in English.