Data Center Engineer (IRC66520)
GlobalLogic Ukraine is inviting a Data Center Engineer to join its Kyiv office.
Carbonite Inc. is a leading provider of online backup solutions for consumers and small and medium sized businesses.
Subscribers in more than 100 countries rely on Carbonite to provide easy-to-use, affordable, unlimited and secure online backup solutions with anytime, anywhere data access. Carbonite's online backup solution runs on both the Windows and Mac platforms. We are at the forefront of cloud computing, providing safety and security for our users while moving the heavy lifting to the datacenter.
- Interesting and challenging opportunity in a large and dynamically developing company
- Exciting projects involving newest technologies
- Professional development opportunities
- Excellent compensation and benefits package, performance bonus program
- Modern and comfortable office facilities
- Deep experience utilizing systems monitoring to monitor physical servers, virtual servers and storage.
- Deep Windows (required) and Linux (desired) experience.
- Managing and reporting on patching, monitoring, backup, performance, and availability.
- Advanced infrastructure design, configuration, operation, and troubleshooting skills.
- Experience in hypervisor and cluster configuration (VMware, Hyper-V), Private/Public Cloud central management, security, and self-service provisioning environments: Azure, AWS, Hyper-V, and VMware.
- Experience managing backup/recovery for servers & virtualization.
Preferred Technical Skills:
- Experience using SolarWinds, Microsoft Systems Center Operations Manager, Azure Operations Management Suite, or other monitoring software, is desired.
- Experience with CloudDyn, CloudHealth, and/or CloudCheckr.
- Storage technologies: SAN/NAS, Storage Spaces Direct.
- Learn the environment by reviewing docs and shadowing engineers on existing projects.
- Analyze and enhance monitoring and troubleshooting tools.
- Develop master project plan for tasks touching on: server monitoring, backup, documentation and disaster recovery.
- Begin planning and implementation on existing projects backlog.
- Identify and document System Admin processes for monitoring, backup and patching.
- Implement automated workflows in System Center, SolarWinds, PowerShell or other environments and languages.
- Work with System Engineering team to further develop and monitor system patching.
- Identify candidate projects for 2019 Roadmap.
Key Challenges to Overcome:
- Understanding the current architectures and identifying IT controlled assets in a complex network.
- Develop centralized instrumentation for monitoring/gathering server and network metrics.
- Provide technical expertise and mentoring for complex system configuration and troubleshooting.