Medicos del Mundo (MdM) is an international humanitarian organisation whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including Spain. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care.
For our program in Ukraine, to support our activities, we are looking for Gender Advisor, based in Severodonetsk.
Under the direct supervision of the Field Coordinator of the base in Severodonetsk and technical guidance of the Medical Coordinator and the Mental Health Coordinator, the Gender Advisor carries following responsibilities:
Assessment and Monitoring and Evaluation:
- S/He is responsible for the assessment of needs, relevant data collection, data analysis and reporting related to GBV response activities.
- Works with M&E officer to ensure the relevant M&E tools are in place to track GBV activities.
- Ensures quality oversight to detect weaknesses in project implementation and advises management on corrective interventions through the regular analysis of the data collected in coordination with the MU Officer, MH Supervisor, Medical Coordinator and MHPSS Coordinator;
- Ensures that all the components of the Mobile Unit activities are consistent with GBV response according to national and international standards;
- Drafts capacity building plan to improve identification and provision of quality services to GBV survivors within MdM mobile unit.
- Ensures that all components of MdM activities, including Mobile Unit activities, related to strengthening health system meet quality GBV response national and international guidelines.
Program Implementation and Follow-up:
- Manages all gender and GBV programs according to agreed budgets and timeframes and ensures the resources are effectively used.
- Develops and facilitates training and awareness raising activities on core Gender and GVB concepts, including to MDM staff - members; governmental partners, stakeholders and focal points.
- Contributes to the conception, development, pre-testing and the production of educational and promotional materials
- Is responsible for coordination activities with partners organizations - INGO, NGO and local authorities working in GBV response on national and regional levels;
- Develops, updates and disseminates referral pathways and mapping of services available in the locations of interventions for GBV survivors;
- Prepares briefing and policy materials for the Head of Mission and Coordinators as required.
- Works with Advocacy Officer and Advocacy Coordinator to develop, plan and implement advocacy activities related to gender mainstreaming and GBV prevention on regional and national levels.
- Analyses program implementation lessons for policy dialogue, public advocacy and future programming and organizes dissemination of learnings within the team and with partners
- Reports on its activities to the Field Coordinator, including the analysis of the situation and propositions to improve MdM activities related the GBV Response system strengthening.
- Is responsible for drafting and contributing to internal and external reports related to GBV activities.
- Coordinates closely with Coordination team through regular discussions / communication to help enhance program implementation.
- Develops and maintains positive working relations with a wide network of partners, including Government, development partners, media and NGOs.
- Is flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Respects MDM principles/values
- Maintains full confidentiality for all work-related information
- Undertake other responsibilities which may be assigned from time to time, including contributing to communications and events.
Qualifications & Skills required :
- Knowledge of GBV response regional and national context
- Knowledge of national and international guidelines and standards, especially related to Gender-Based Violence
- Experience in project management
- Experience in training development and training facilitation
- Experience in the development of advocacy strategies, tools, training and interventions.
- Understanding of quantitative and qualitative M&E research methods.
- Experience in GBV, violence against women (VAW), domestic violence (DV) and/or violence against children (VAC) prevention and response programming, including assessing GBV interventions;
- Experience with male involvement in combating violence against women and girls is a strong asset
- Experience working with NGOs in GBV related programming is an asset
Personal skills required:
- Organizational skills
- Good writing and communication skills
- Team spirit
- Active and willing to take initiatives
Language and computer skills:
- English / Russian / Ukrainian (fluent writing and speaking);
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Fixed term contract until the 30/04/2019 ;
- Salary scale from 31500.0 UAH - 34566.0 UAH (including income and military taxes) depending on qualifications;
- Medical insurance
- Full -time job
- Location: Seiverodonetsk
- Send CV (including reference contacts) + cover letter + diploma.
Deadline for applications - 12/11/2018
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be invited to the interview.