Room 8 Studio is a fast-growing art production and game development solutions provider with representations in Kiev and Los Angeles.
In a partnership with Airbeem OTT multi-use Software as a Service ('SaaS') platform which seamlessly enables content owners to publish and monetise their video content direct to consumers by creating immersive video experiences reaching audience on all devices (web browsers, smart tv and mobile devices) we are looking for solution based engineers with a passion for developing easy-to-use, customer focused platform and services which power Airbeem platform.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Work at all phases of the software development lifecycle (planning, design, implementation, deployment and support);
- Optimise use of traditional ecosystem RDBMS and cache technology;
- Optimise and consolidate data ingest from clients, suppliers, 3rd parties and partners with Spring Cloud, Hadoop etc.;
- Write maintainable, clean code and perform peer code-review;
- Exploit gradle dependency management to produce reusable software components;
- Operate our team's own infrastructure services (service discovery & dynamic configuration);
- Develop software solutions independently and rapidly with a focus on quality.
What You Need for this Position:
- Have 3+ expert knowledge of Java service development using Spring, Java Enterprise or equivalent (Java, J2EE, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Cloud);
- Proven experience with distributed systems and service oriented architectures (Kafka, Zookeeper, Eureka, Consul);
- Are efficient in develop API, persistence and aggregation using JPA and Spring Data;
- Hands-on experience with Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), building RESTful services, XML/JSON, and modern Application Servers;
- Solid understanding of authentication and authorization services; e.g.; SAML, LDAP, AD, ADFS;
- Knowledge of cloud computing environments and applications (AWS, S3, Azure);
- Knowledge of relational and non-relational database management systems ;
- Attention to detail and openness to critique through code and design reviews.
English: Intermediate and higher.
Domain knowledge in Video management / Video distribution / Video processing;
Infrastructure as Code (Terraform);
XML stack (JAXB, XSLT, XPATH);
Able to code and script front-end features;
Experience in developing cross-platform solutions (Linux / OsX / Android / etc.);
Good understanding of IP networking, Multicast, TCP/UDP, LAN/WAN routing/switching and other network layer protocols (RabbitMQ, AMQP);
Experience in Agile methodologies.
What we offer:
- Opportunity to work in exciting atmosphere on top-end projects with our creative and experienced team;
- Variety of interesting and challenging tasks;
- Competitive financial reward, paid vacation and sick leave;
- Free English courses and training activities on a regular base;
- Great possibilities for professional development and career growth;
- Modern office with chill-out zone, with free fruit, sweets and never-ending supply of coffee.