Frontend Web Developer (outstaff, Canada)
We are engaged in a multi-year project to re-imagine our online experience replacing multiple websites with a single flexible enhanced digital experience across the globe based on a modern Sitecore/Coveo platform.
Purpose of Position
The Senior Developer will be responsible for developing the front end website, providing application development as well as ongoing enhancements to support the evolution of our Sitecore/Coveo platform.
Summary of Essential Job Functions
- Develop new user-facing features
- Build reusable code and libraries for future use
- Ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Optimize application for maximum speed and scalability while ensuring application security
- Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders
- Participate in the Sitecore/Coveo design decisions and UX/creative design of the website.
- Ensure that Colliers' development standards are adhered to, and the tools and processes are in place to sustain the website long term.
- Coordinate development efforts with other internal Application teams, as well as regional IT teams for system integration.
- Develop deep knowledge of the website UX components, to support future enhancements and further regional rollouts.
- Plans, designs, develop, tests, edits, maintains, and documents look and flow of websites.
- Interviews clients to help them clarify their goals for establishing a website.
- Designs or supervises design of digitized images, banners, bullets, charts, image maps and other graphics to enhance appearance of site.
- Other duties as required.
- 5+ years' experience in web front end design and programming required
- Proficient understanding of web markup, including HTML5, CSS3
- Basic understanding of server-side CSS pre-processing platforms
- Good understanding of asynchronous request handling, partial page updates, and AJAX
- Basic knowledge of image authoring tools, to be able to crop, resize, or perform small adjustments on an image.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them.
- Good understanding of SEO principles and ensuring that application will adhere to them.
- CMS, experience is required. Sitecore experience is highly desirable.
- Coveo experience is preferred.
- Knowledge and experience debugging and maintaining production level code
- Familiarity with Automated build tools, Code Management (TFS) and Continuous Integration preferred
- Experience with the MVC design pattern is highly desired.
- Scrum/Agile software development methodologies
- Past experience with architectural patterns of large, high-scale web or mobile applications
- Experience with mobile development and mobile-first responsive design