React.JS engineer - Syngenta Innovation Lab
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, our 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown. We are committed to rescuing land from degradation, enhancing biodiversity and revitalizing rural communities. To learn more visit www.syngenta.com and www.goodgrowthplan.com.
On October 4, Syngenta Ukraine opened a Digital Innovation Lab in Kyiv located in the innovation park UNIT.City.
The lab aims to become the leading platform of the digital agro business that will be able to cover all processes from research to creating sample product versions. The company has implemented 5 similar labs in different countries around the world for the past year and a half. Currently, they successfully operates in the United States, China, India, Singapore and the United Kingdom.
The Digital Innovation Lab in Kyiv is one of the most ambitious projects that will bring new valuable practical experience as well as opportunities for the further development of the entire network of Laboratories.
Syngenta is a leading agriculture company helping to improve global food security by enabling millions of farmers to make better use of available resources. Through world class science and innovative crop solutions, Syngenta 28,000 people in over 90 countries are working to transform how crops are grown.
Syngenta Innovation Lab - new R&D Initiative that aiming to help businesses bring value of Syngenta's products into their operations.
- A Software Developer will have an agile mind-set, and will develop a deep technical understanding and business perspective on the product they are working on;
- Works with the technical team to size and plan development work including sequencing;
- Works with the business reps for UAT and for establishing feedback on functionality;
- Develops and tests code in accordance with the agreed plans and to the quality standards;
- Develops full range of applications including mobile apps, web applications and out of box configurations;
- Supports full digital service catalogue activities;
- Undertakes detailed design and component level design.
- 5+ years development experience gained in leading edge, digital environment;
- Excellent JS Vanilla, HTML, CSS and React.JS knowledge;
- Experience with AWS stack;
- Strong technical capability in coding, developing and testing of the application platforms covered;
- Experience with iterative development approaches such as Scrum, Kanban, DevOps and other agile approaches;
- Demonstrated expert experience in defining, planning and delivering digital rapid prototypes - connecting directly to business people to evolve a range of solution options;
- Good team working including interactions with business users;
- Lean start-up / experimentation experience;
- Self-organizing, achieves tasks without constant monitoring;
- Entrepreneurial thinking and action is needed to drive cost optimization up and standardization across the Syngenta organization;
- Strong organization, multi-tasking and time management skills;
- Strong communication skills - written and oral - and the ability to present and advocate ideas to various audiences (technical and non-technical).
Preference will be given for multi-skilled developers who can demonstrate experience of one or more of the following desirable skills:
- Internet of Things tools - e.g. physical to digital links, RaspberryPi, IFTTT channels, etc.;
- Other development platforms e.g. node.js(IO.js), GO;
- NoSQL databases, MongoDB etc.;
- Augmented reality;
- Other Business Intelligence skills - big data, analytics, visualization with a modern toolset;
- Rapid prototyping and testing with Minimum Viable Products (MVP);
- Cloud services Azure, AWS;
- Continuous integration- TFS, VSO, Jenkins;
- Working experience in Mobile & Web App development and proficient with using tools related to development in Android, iOS, Windows 10 and HTML5.