Senior Java Engineer
DataArt has been engaged in software development and IT consulting since 1997. Companies that create interesting products have complex business processes, they want to beat the competition with the help of technology, and usually they turn to us. We, in turn, help them come up with technologies, build, implement, maintain, and upgrade them.
DataArt currently has several dozen projects that require experienced Java engineers. We're currently improving the internal system of one of the world's top three biggest rating agencies, working with the systems of a major online supermarket, and are developing an analytical platform for an offline retailer.
It is also should be noted that we hire people not for a project but for a team. Projects change, but the DataArt network of companies with its infrastructure, support, and tools of professional development stays.
DataArt has a flat structure, which means we don't have superiors and subordinates. The engineers directly communicate with the customers' representatives and are free to choose the tools for the job (as long as not constrained by other factors). We have free internal language and technological courses, hold international conferences, participate in other party conferences, provide employees with insurance, and take care of them in all kinds of ways.
DataArt's network consists of 20 sales and development centers (US, UK, Argentina, Germany, Bulgaria, Poland, Russia, Ukraine, and Latvia). Our specialists can work in any of the centers after discussing it with the project team (and if they desire to, of course).
Required Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of web application development experience using the Java platform.
- Experience working with databases (SQL and NoSQL).
- Knowledge of OOP, OOD, and design patterns.
- Experience with development through testing (TDD).
- Experience using object-relational mapping (ORM) technologies and IoC containers.
- Skills using tools for automated project building (Maven or Gradle).
- Experience using Continuous Integration tools (TeamCity, Bamboo, Jenkins)
- Good spoken English.
- Experience creating rich UI based on HTML.
- Knowledge of other programming languages.
- Experience working with cloud services (AWS, Azure).
- Experience managing application servers and clustering (Tomcat, JBoss, GlassFish).
- Experience building scalable high-load data processing systems (SQL /NoSQL/sharding/distributed messaging systems).
- Experience managing a team of 5 or more developers.
- Experience managing teams including QA, BA, and architects.
- Knowledge of Enterprise Integration Patterns.
- Professional Development:
- The ability to switch projects, technology stacks, try yourself in different roles;
- More than 150 workplaces for advanced training;
- Study and practice of English: courses and communication with colleagues and clients from different countries;
- Support of speakers who make presentations at conferences and meetings of technology communities.
The ability to focus on your work: a lack of bureaucracy and micromanagement, and convenient corporate services;
Friendly atmosphere, concern for the comfort of specialists;
Flexible schedule and the ability to work remotely;
The ability to work in any of our development centers.
- Experienced colleagues who are ready to share knowledge.