DFG Research is on the mission to provide students with educational support enabled by technology. We are connecting tens of thousands of students with freelancers around the world to provide help and support with any homework related issues.
We are seeking a rock-star Project Manager. This is not a typical project management position. We are lifting it up to a different level as this is the person, who will operate on a level of business thinking while collecting the requirements from Product Owners, coordinating cross-functional resources, establishing and managing project timelines and deliverables, ensuring clarity of all the roles. You will be making sure that all of our products are appropriately scoped, allocated resource-wise, scheduled&delivered on time to the original vision and aimed for the success of the business.
Our platform is currently used by thousands of students from the Work together with our top-notch Product Owners/Product Managers, Marketing & Delivery teams. This position requires outstanding organizational and leadership skills alongside the drive to promote a culture of collaboration and accountability. Clear and concise communication will aid in the success of this role as well as the ability to see the bigger picture when scoping work. This position will leverage project management tools such as Jira / Confluence, Trello, etc.
Your profile has:
- Proven strong leadership and communications skills
- Fluent English
- PMP certification and Project Management training would be a plus
- Solid understanding of existing IT management tools and frameworks (Scrum/Agile, Waterfall, etc.)
- Direct experience working with e-commerce and/or web content management platforms
- A keen eye for QA including bug testing and code testing for pixel-perfect design execution
- Knowledge of best practices in mobile first experience design
- Ability to organize and document projects, budgets and schedules in Jira/Confluence and/or other project management tools
- 2 years+ of Project Management experience (products oriented on western markets would be a plus)
- 2 years+ of experience working in or with web development and creative teams
- Experience with project estimating, scheduling/planning and tracking methods
- Experience working with business requirements, gathering processes and use cases
- Experience in documentation writing
- Experience conducting effective project meetings with a cross-functional group of employees to achieve strategic goals
Vital functions and responsibilities:
- Work with the Product Team to thoroughly define all the aspects of a project's functional requirements as well as with the delivery team and CTO to make sure the released features are of the best quality
- Communicate with cross-functional leaders to clearly identify the desired outcome of projects, prioritizing and targeting business requirements and use cases
- Proactively identify and communicate project risks and propose the solutions.
- Responsible for all aspects of each project from the scoping stage to actual delivery
- Quickly understand the technical, behavioral and contextual elements of a project
- Compose all project documentation within Jira & Confluence including scoping, SIT/UAT plans and post-go-live retrospectives
- Manage multiple projects simultaneously, tracking and providing consistent and concise progress reports to co-founders and leadership members
- Manage resource allocation for projects
- Manage the delivery of the components that make up highly technical web/mobile-based deployments such as analytics tags, UTM tags, dynamic code and the like
- Actively participate in technical, strategic and creative development sessions
- Use project management tools to help establish and maintain efficient workflows
- Utilize entrepreneurial spirit and drive that lead to suggestions for digital projects, improved workflow, and proposals from start to finish.
You might wonder "Why these guys?"
- Opportunity to drive the process and be creative. We adore creativity and create a suitable environment for you to implement it
- No bossing around - we encourage you to be the owner of your own stream of work
- The absence of bureaucratic processes and procedures
- Fantastic opportunity to collaborate with business founders directly without a feeling that you are just "another little fish in the aquarium"
- Competitive Salary in USD based on your qualifications
- Transparent bonus system
- Ability to have an impact on the products because of close co-operation with the product team?? Career growth opportunities
- Regular Personal Development Sessions with the Head of Product and CMO
- Education / Courses / Conferences which are relevant to the position are sponsored by the company
- Perfect office location in the city center (7 mins from "Universitet" or "Zoloty Vorota" metro station)
- 21 working days of paid vacation allowance a year + sick leaves
- Opportunity to make a difference for millions of our active users.
Do we even need to say about the spectacular office full of young, ambitious, energetic people with all the possible non-financial perks e.g. delicious coffee, fruit baskets, pizza days, snacks, etc. etc ?
Up for a challenge? Then do not miss out on a chance to join us!