Location: Based in Sloviansk (Donetsk region)
People in Need (PIN) has been active in Ukraine since early August 2014 and the humanitarian programs have been rapidly expanding since then. Currently, PIN is one of the major humanitarian actors in Eastern Ukraine while providing neutral and independent humanitarian aid to conflict-affected people. So far PIN has implemented number of multi-purpose cash grants, Shelter, Protection, Livelihoods and WASH interventions and supported more than 2 mln vulnerable IDPs, returnees and host communities in both urban and rural locations. PIN's main donors in Ukraine currently include ECHO, OFDA, DFID and UNHCR.
Finance Officer, under direct supervision and line management of Finance Manager provides support to the Finance department and performs the following responsibilities:
- Creates new Project Cards in Navision;
- Assists with project forecast management;
- Assists with preparing of financial reports to donors;
- Assists with money request preparation in close cooperation with Program Managers;
- Cooperates on preparation of documents for audit, donor's financial verifications ;
- Ensures receiving accurate information from Program Managers on actual spending and forecast;
- Checks financial reports from PIN partners, liaising with local partner's responsible person about correction of the documents and reports if needed;
- Performs any other tasks assigned by Finance Manager based on actual needs in Finance Department and derived from Finance Specialist knowledge and specialization.
- University degree in finance, accounting, economics or similar field
- Experience in accounting and/or finance(at least 2 years);
- Experience in working with a development project, NGO will be an asset;
- Proficient user of Excel, Word;
- Fluency in English, both written and verbal is required;
- Detail-oriented and highly organized;
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks under tight deadlines;
- Good communication skills;
- Collaborative, team-oriented;
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
Please submit your CV and Motivation letter in English.
Only candidates meeting the above-mentioned criteria will be considered and contacted for tests and/or interview.