Who we are and what we do:
Astound Commerce, the world's largest privately held digital commerce agency, combines strategy, technology, creativity, insight and a proven methodology to deliver exceptional digital shopping experiences. Through a forward-thinking, results-driven approach, Astound Commerce serves leading global brands such as adidas, L'Oreal, Under Armour, Jimmy Choo, Lacoste and Versace. Founded in San Francisco in 2000, the passionate team of nearly 700 dedicated, diverse industry and technology experts has decades of ecommerce experience and more than 400 implementations under their belt to address the complex challenges, advancing technologies and unique needs of global markets. To learn more, visit astoundcommerce.com.
Brief description of the open position:
The Web Developer will be part of a high-performance feature driven development team responsible for building enterprise-level ecommerce platform solutions. Entry level of proficiency (Junior, Middle or Senior Web Developer) will be determined on the interview.
- Minimum 3 years of web development practice
- At least 1 year of experience with any server-side language (node.js is preferred)
- Understanding of JSON, CSV, XML files formats
- Experience in integrations with other systems through REST or SOAP
- Experience with any VCS (Git is preferred)
- Upper-intermediate spoken and written English.
Good to have:
- Software architecture design using object-oriented and modularity principles
- Design patterns knowledge and experience
- jQuery, AngularJS, ExtJS or any other popular JS frameworks or libraries;
- Knowledge of JS build engines like gulp or grunt
- Team player.
- Work in a web development team to develop enterprise-level ecommerce solutions by using a server-side ECMAScript-based language and common client-side JS;
- Actively participate in daily project team meetings and brainstorming activities related to the project issues;
- Provide updates to effort estimates and status of assigned tasks;
- Collaborate with frontend development and QA teams;
- Provide recommendations to Team Lead to improve development procedures, systems and tools.
- Knowledge base of #1 global ecommerce delivery expert;
- Trainings and certifications;
- A constant inflow of ecommerce projects with global outreach;
- Well set SDLC process with use of Agile, Scrum, Waterfall depending on a project;
- Coaching and reviews to support your career development;
- Internal/external engineering and business training and conferences and time for self-education;
- Extensive technical library with option to order books and English classes;
- A network-style culture with geographically distributed teams, easy communications and access to clients;
- Possible international on-site visits;
- Work-life balance approach and healthy lifestyle programs.