Assistant of contract execution
ED&F Man is one of the world's leading traders of agricultural commodities.
Our worldwide sugar and grains trading business operates in over 60 countries. We manage sugar procurement, production and distribution, with significant strategic growth ambitions for the future. Our grains operations link grain producers and consumers across the world, and work with processors to supply high-quality, fair grain products.
We need an individual with a proactive approach, continuous improvement and business performance initiatives.
· Entering physical contracts onto trading system (ITAS). Ensuring accurate, complete, consistent and timely data capture.
· Checking third party contract documentation against contract entry details of Trading system.
· Reviewing / updating contract cost provisions, commissions, polarization provisions, and P&L ensuring accurate, complete, consistent and timely data capture.
· Contract discrepancy resolution. Liaison with traders / clients to resolve any disagreement with contractual wording.
· Processing physical contract amendments and drafting letters of addendum.
· Supporting that risk limits are not exceeded.
· Ensuring that warehouses are approved by insurers & if not organizing warehouse surveys.
· Co-ordination of pre-finance stocks with overseas offices in order to ascertain joint stock exposure vs stock approval limits.
· Supporting of monthly Inventory reconciliation - obtaining warehouse reports from the warehouse keepers and reconciling to our own records.
· Maintenance of warehouse contract documentation.
· Daily and periodic support to the Futures Trade Support Specialist.
· Daily recording and reconciliation of futures / options trades.
· Agreeing positions with brokers.
· Accurate internal allocation / referencing of trades.
· Providing assistance to overseas subsidiaries who trade through London.
· Verifying external brokerage invoices.
· Investigating and reporting of positions.
· Raising client pricing recaps.
· 1-2 years' experience gained within an operations environment of a trading house ideally within the trade support function.
· Ability to perform accurate calculations and analyse P&L transactions.
· Must have a good understanding of commodity futures, physicals trading, hedging strategies and market risk.
· Must be numerate with strong I.T. skills.
· Proven experience of related trade support activities.
· Ability to communicate clearly and confidently at all levels, and concisely express complex issues.
· Able to use sound judgement and make timely, informed decisions to ensure efficient and appropriate operational support.
· Strong analytical skills and the ability to identify and solve complex problem.
· Strong organisational skills and the ability to prioritise effectively.
· Diligence and complete attention to detail.
· Adaptable to the dynamic trading environment.
· Ability to deal with multiple demands through effective prioritisation/time management.
· English is a must.