ICLA Technical Officer (Lawyer in Durable Solutions Project)
The Norwegian Refugee Council (NRC) is a non-governmental, humanitarian organization with 60 years of experience in helping to create a safer and more dignified life for refugees and internally displaced people. NRC advocates for the rights of displaced populations and offers assistance within the shelter, education, emergency food security, legal assistance, and water,sanitation and hygiene sectors. The Norwegian Refugee Council has approximately 5000 committed and competent employees involved in projects across four continents. In addition, NRC runs one of the world's largest standby rosters -NORCAP, with 650 professionals, ready to be deployed on 72 hours notice when a crisis occurs.
We are looking for ICLA Technical officer in our office in Severodonetsk.
- Ensure compliance with NRC policies, guidelines and standards
- Ensure compliance with Information, Counselling and Legal Assistance (ICLA) strategy, tools, handbooks, guidelines and standards
- ICLA specific technical responsibility for the implementation, quality control, monitoring, project documentation and tracking of financial expenditures for technical activities of ICLA projects
- Provide specific technical support and capacity building towards project staff
- Provide specific technical analysis and feedback to NRC representatives in coordination forums
- Assess, promote and document ideas for technical improvement and further program development options
- Ensure that projects target beneficiaries most in need, and explore and asses new and better ways to assist
- Promote the rights of the Internal Displaced Persons (IDPs)/returnees in line with the advocacy strategy
- Support partners to identify the most appropriate durable solution for people of concern
- Support the implementation of activities in accordance with the durable solutions strategy, with a view to finding durable solutions to IDPS
- Interview candidates for local integration and prepare the appropriate documentation for onward submission to local authorities or partners, in line with Local Integration Standards Operating Procedures
- Participate in the planning of, and advise on opportunities for alternative solutions, including available national legal frameworks
- Prepare statistical and ad-hoc reports to ensure accurate information is available and shared with relevant offices and partners
- Perform any other tasks as requested by ICLA Project Development Manager/Project Manager
- 2 years' experience from working on the similar positions in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position's responsibilities
- Fluency in English, Ukrainian and Russian, both written and verbal
- Excellent communication skills
- Good knowledge of the context in East Ukraine
- Good Knowledge of the software programs (MS Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint)
- University Degree in Law/International Law, Political Science, Social Science, Economics, International Relations or related field with a good knowledge of protection and durable solutions
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Working with people
- Coping with change
- Planning and delivering results
- Communicating with impact and respect
Contract period: 12 months. This position is subject to funding availability.
Salary/benefits: According to NRC country policy
Duty station: Severodonetsk
Travel: 30% (Kyiv, Luhansk and Donetsk oblasts (GCA))
PLEASE SEND CVs ONLY IN ENGLISH
Only pre-selected candidates will be contacted for an interview.
Candidates can be invited to the interview before the deadline of applications.
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS IS 14/07/2017